Happy Friday, sweet friends! I’m going to try to start The Sweet Edit with my favorite quote from the week, and this one wins hands down. I heard Elizabeth Olsen say it on Sam Jones’ podcast and I’ve been thinking about it since.
“NO” IS A FULL SENTENCE.
As a work from home mom, it means a lot. It means that I can say no, without explanation. To projects I can’t take on. To extra work that will take me away from my family and not fulfill me. To work in exchange for product.
As a mama to two daughters, it means even more. I will teach them that they can say NO, without explanation. To bad friendships. To unhealthy relationships. To ANY unwanted advance.
“No” is a full sentence, sweet mamas. Let’s not forget it.
TOP FIVE ORDERED ITEMS THIS WEEK
5. Comfy joggers for $24. Bam. (See them styled here.)
TOP FIVE BLOG POSTS THIS WEEK
1. This head wrap. I’m obsessed and I keep planning outfits around it.
2. I wore this gorgeous sweater for a photoshoot last week and it’s a splurge, but I will wear it for years to come.
3. I have a thing for blazers this fall, and I just picked up this plaid one. It’s less than $100 and fits like a glove. I sized up to a small so I could wear a chunky sweater underneath.
4. Give me all the stripes. This Madewell striped tee is on sale and will be on repeat each and every season. I sized up to a small.
5. I shared this garment rack on my Instagram Stories yesterday. It’s much better than the larger rack I had in my office prior, which took up way too much room always looked messy. If you’re a style blogger (or just a clotheshorse) you probs need it.
2. I ordered this sweater as a possibility for a family photoshoot because I love the style. I was so bummed when I tried it on and it’s SO ITCHY. I can’t STAND itchy sweaters. BOO.
3.This little girl’s denim jacket looks super cute, so obvs I ordered one for each of my girls so they can match. The ruffles are just too much and the jacket is so bulky. Back they went.
Did you see?? I shared a HUGE round up of the LOFT fall sale yesterday. Everything is 40% off with code NEWNOW.
I promised I would share my favorite Lou & Grey finds (also 40% off with NEWNOW), and here they are. (But also, you could totally close your eyes and add any Lou & Grey piece to your cart and chances are you’d love them. You can’t really go wrong.)
Find more of the Sweet Edit series here!