Happy Thursday, sweet friends!
I shared this family recipe a few years ago, but it’s just so yummy I had to repurpose this post and share it again.
My grandma used to make this cranberry orange bread every Christmas, and my mom has carried on the tradition. Now that our little family is under way, it’s my turn. Because it’s just not the holidays without this delicious bread.
Lately, I’ve decided that while I love to cook, I enjoy baking even more. Especially these days, I’ve been finding myself wanting to cozy up with a fire going in the fireplace, a hot cup of coffee brewing, Christmas music filling the kitchen and something scrumptious baking away in the oven. And it’s even better now that my girls can “help.”
This is such a pretty recipe, which makes me love it even more. I hope your family loves it as much as mine does!
Happy new week, sweet ones.
Cranberry Orange Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups halved cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 orange (juice and grated rind)
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir cranberries and nuts into flour mix.
In a separate bowl, combine orange juice, grated rind, butter and enough water to make 3/4 cup. Add to beaten egg.
- Pour liquid ingredients into flour mix. Mix slightly.
- Spoon into greased loaf pan. (Make sides slightly higher than center.)
- Bake 50-60 mins at 350.
LOVED THIS POST? PIN IT FOR LATER! XO