Oh, that pregnancy glow. Except you guys – I don’t feel like I’m glowing. Where does the term pregnancy glow come from, anyway? I know, I know. Something to do with the increased blood flow during pregnancy and it’s supposed to make you “glow”.
Well, the good news is that even if you’re not knocked up, I can help you get the glow. And if you are pregnant, the next time someone tells you that you’re glowing, you can just politely thank her rather than laugh and recall the nausea and sleepless nights and insatiable hunger.
And if you really don’t care if you glow or not because you woke up, got dressed and just showed up today – well, I understand that, too.
But in case you do want to glow today, here are some of my secret beauty weapons. Some are just little ways to spoil yourself, which all of us could use.
Happy Friday, sweet people.
(This post contains affiliated links.)
1. Nars Illuminator in Copacobana – This is my #1 secret weapon that I use all year round, pregnant or not. A little goes a long way. Lightly apply it to your cheekbones and to the bridge of your nose to get the perfect glow.
2. Terry Baume de Rose Lip Balm – Roses on my lips? Yes, please. This one definitely falls into the category of spoiling yourself, but it’s oh so good. The price tag is a bit hefty, but it truly does last a long time. The sheer pale pink color is just right to go with your glow.
3. Organic Pharmacy Rose Facial Spritz – I just can’t get enough of the roses. I spray this on my face at night before I go to bed. I love going to bed with the smell of roses (faint, not overpowering) and their soothing coolness on my face. It truly helps me glow.
4. Clinique True Bronze Pressed Powder Bronzer – When you think of bronzer, do you think summer? It can help you glow well into the winter. Just don’t use as much. This one is my favorite that I’ve been using for years.
5. Benefit Sun Beam Golden Bronze Liquid Highlighter – If you don’t like powder bronzers, this is a perfect alternative. Again, not too heavy-handed. Think sun -kissed.
6. Water, water, water. This one is a no-brainer, but it’s too important to leave out (especially if you’re pregnant and you need to drink way more water than usual!). I can tell a difference in my skin if I haven’t been drinking enough water. It truly does help you glow.