(This post contains affiliated links.)
Alright, I’ve been meaning to write this post since I first bought these Golden Goose sneakers a couple of months ago. First, let’s get something out of the way: I bought them on sale. As much as I believe in investing in good quality shoes and handbags, I couldn’t bring myself to spend $500 on a pair of sneakers.
So, I suppose I’ve already answered a part of my question…
But, let’s get back to the basics. If you’ve never heard of Golden Goose Deluxe Brand Sneakers, they’re Italian sneakers that are pre-distressed. Much like distressed denim, the thinking is that it’ll take years and years to get that perfectly distressed sneaker, and by then they’ll be worn out. So, they’ve done the “hard work” for you.
When I first saw them, I wasn’t a huge fan. I mean, they’re cute, but I didn’t get the hype. Then, I kept seeing them over and over. And they started to grow on me. More than anything, I needed to get to the bottom of the whole Golden Goose sneakers craze.
When Barney’s was having a huge sale, I took it as a sign and ordered the first pair that caught my eye. Of course, they were pink. My exact pair is sold out, but here is a very similar pair that’s also on sale.
OK. let’s break it down…
- You don’t have to worry about them getting dirty because, well, they’re already beat up and dirty.
- The leather is amazing quality and they will last forever.
- They’re Italian, which totally sounds cool.
- They go with anything. For real, if you’re going to spend that much on sneakers, you can rest assured you can wear them with anything. Leggings, denim, a cocktail dress, a party skirt. FOR REAL. Wear them with everything.
- The outlandish price, obviously.
- They’re very stiff, especially at first. Now that I’ve worn them for a couple of months, they’ve softened up. But at first, they just aren’t that comfortable.
- You need to wear socks with them, and even some of the no-show socks will show. These should work.
- People might judge you for spending that much money on a pair of dirty shoes.
Well, there you have it. Overall, if someone asks me if Golden Goose Sneakers are worth the insane price tag, my answer is NO. I mean, how can sneakers be worth $500?? Or even $300 for that matter?
As with everything in life, it depends on what’s important to you. If you love to be on the cusp of what’s hot and you love trends, then I would suggest stalking your favorite pair and waiting for them to go on sale.
If you like the trend, but can’t fathom spending more than $100 on sneakers, I get it. There’s no shame in getting the dupes instead. Hands down, this pair is the best dupe that I’ve found, and they’re less than $30. WHAT.
Tell me: what do you think of Golden Goose sneakers?? Would you consider them? Let me know!
LOVED THIS POST? PIN IT FOR LATER! XO