I’m feeling like a normal human again these days! So grateful that it seems the all day nausea of the First Trimester has passed. There’s nothing to make you appreciate feeling good when you haven’t in awhile.
I’m also excited to get back on a blogging schedule. I’ve decided I will blog twice a week rather than thrice (I just really wanted to use that word), but they will be quality posts. I will start writing again, and of course I’ll share some bump fashion and let you in on my journey. Thank you for being patient with me while I’ve tried to figure out how to juggle everything in my new world!
Ok, so now that I’ve been through the First Trimester a couple of times, I thought I would share my favorite products that have helped me survive. Here are my First Trimester Must-Haves. To shop, just click the picture or the link below.
As always, thanks for stopping by!
(This post contains affiliated links.)
1. New Chapter Perfect Prenatal Vitamins– I quickly got to the point where I couldn’t stomach my prenatals. I’m so glad I found these bad boys. You can take them on an empty stomach and they don’t leave you with that gross vitamin feeling.
2. Contigo Water Bottle– Hands down my favorite water bottle. My best friend got one for me when I was pregnant with Harper and I’ve since stocked up. Hydration is key in pregnancy and helps keep nausea at bay, so I’m constantly drinking water. But I need my water ICE COLD. This does the trick for hours. A total life must-have.
3. Preggie Pop Drops– Ok, these don’t really do much for all day sickness. Maybe if you have some low-grade annoying nausea, they would help. But they were perfect when I needed something sour to keep my mind off the misery.
4. Belli Elasticity Belly Oil– Oh this stuff. How I love it. I used it during my whole pregnancy with Harper and didn’t get one stretch mark. Lucky? Genetics? Perhaps. But you’d better bet that I’m using it again. It smells delicious (think lavender + sweet almond oil) and is welcome luxury during a time you can’t quite remember the last time you brushed your hair.
5. Fig Newtons– I know, this seems pretty random. But when you can’t stomach much, these little morsels are perfect. They’re sweet and carby, but also stick to your ribs and fill you up. I’ve kept them on my nightstand during the early days of both pregnancies.
6. Sleep Mask– Sleep. Sweet, sweet sleep. I have such a love-love relationship with sleep. I need it. I want it. I have to have it. So when pregnancy insomnia hit early on, I was shocked. But I’m exhausted! Why can’t I sleep?! Enter: naps. Sure, it takes me an hour to fall asleep at night and then I’m up too many times to count during the night. (Thanks, bladder.) But, thankfully a long nap comes in and saves the day. And a cute sleep mask makes it much easier to fall into a sweet slumber.
Full of faith. Wife to a kick ass guy. Mama to a toddler girl + a Yorkie boy. Lover of yoga, love + kindness. After working in fashion for almost a decade, I am now a stay at home mom. I spend way too much time thinking about that chocolate in the pantry (and I love the parenthetical). I hope you enjoy my take on all things sweet.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
My Kind of Sweet is part of several affiliate advertising programs. This means that if you click and/or make a purchase through certain links, I may make a commission. All opinions are my own.
For collaborations + advertising opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org