Happy Friday! Now let’s talk about how we can spoil ourselves…
I know, Mother’s Day is over. And as moms, we look forward to that day because it’s all about us (I mean because we can ponder the wonder that is Motherhood). But, how about we do small things throughout the year to spoil ourselves, rather than waiting for holidays?
And no, I don’t mean spending money or eating treats. Although, by all means, you don’t need my permission to do either of those…
Today I’m sharing my favorite small ways to spoil myself.
Have a lovely weekend, sweet people.
1. CURL UP WITH A GOOD BOOK + COFFEE Put down the phone. Leave the dishes in the sink. Turn off the TV. Let the laundry pile up. Allow yourself some peace and quiet with your favorite book, and pour yourself a glass of wine. Or tea. Or coffee. With lots and lots of cream. Calories don’t count right now.
My Favorites: 10% Happier – Dan Harris (Read this if you’re interested in meditating but not sure where to start!) // Bird by Bird – Anne Lamott (I’m currently reading this and loving it. Perfect if you’re a writer.) // A Heartbreaking Work Of Staggering Genius – Dave Eggers (Funny, poignant + a favorite of mine for years.)
2. FILL YOUR HOUSE WITH FLOWERS A couple of years ago, I got into the habit of picking up some flowers every time I went to buy groceries. I can’t tell you how happy they make me. It’s a little indulgence that goes a long way.
My Favorites: Hydrangeas, Peonies, White Roses, Tulips + Gerber Daisies (ps – these faux flowers will fool everyone)
3. BUY THOSE PAJAMAS It’s so easy to throw on an old sweatshirt and leggings to hang out at home before bed. Believe me. I’m with you. But, it feels SO GOOD to have real, matching, clean pajamas.
My Favorites: Victoria’s Secret Pajamas (So comfortable + cozy.)
4. TURN UP SOME GOOD MUSIC + DANCE I’m talking after the kids go to bed. Dance with your husband. Or by yourself in the kitchen. It’s good for the soul. Promise.
5. DO SOME YOGA Or whatever makes your body happy. Just try to move, every single day. Because endorphins are real.
My Favorite: Yoga With Adriene (If you missed it, I wrote about my love for Adriene here) // Beach Babe 3 – Tone It Up – THE best short, effective way to tone your bod (read about my TIU experience + how they helped me get my post-baby groove back here)
6. GET ROMANTIC Yep. You know what I’m talkin’ about.